Thursday, January 29, 2009

Fun Week...FHE and Baking!

We began the week with a wonderful FHE about Lehi's Vision. With our art skills, we (Analeah and Sofi) drew our version of the vision. I gave captions, just in case you couldn't guess... This is what is so wonderful about the gospel. Even young children can understand and participate:)
Sofi has learned what GUM is! AUGHGHHH! Every time she sees gum, she insists on having some. So at first, I gave a miniscule piece and she was content...meaning she would swallow it the second she put it in her mouth. Now she has learned that you are not supposed to eat it. So, she just holds it in her hand (see her hand in the photo) and sucks on it every now and then. Needless to say, I find pieces of her gum everywhere:(
Someone at David's work gave him some old toys that they had. A barbie car, an Easy bake oven, a huge tea party set and some friendship bracelet materials. The girls were thrilled with them all. So its been like Christmas at our house. Both Sofi and Nuni constantly fight over the car...I never did like barbies, ha ha ha. But they really love it.

This morning we tried baking chocolate chip cookies in the easy bake oven. This is the outcome... pretty yummy considering they were cooked by a light bulb. :) Analeah loves it. The best part for Mommy---Analeah and Sofi fight over who gets to stand on the chair... and if both of them are standing on the chair, who has more room... Is this just a stage, or should I prepare myself for a lifetime of sisterly love:)
Here you can see their REAL sisterly love. They are wearing the absolutely adorable aprons my friend Camille made for Christmas. Gotta love a girl in an apron--or two:)










5 comments:

Camille said...

How cute!! What a good mom. I love the aprons;) I think this is why I stopped letting my kids back with me after I had two girls, they both wanted to do everything all at the same time!

Home on the Range said...

Thanks for all the great pictures and sharing fun times! The girls are growing so fast! Enjoy them...time goes so fast!!

Lori said...

So So So adorable! I love the easy bake oven-- how fun!

Olsens said...

Very cute pictures! It sounds like your girls are totally at the same stage my boys are. They seem to fight over just about everything, even when they have identical things.

I'm hoping it's just a "stage"! It looks like you're doing a great job with them though! :)

Tía Anita said...

Hola Familia, recien pude ver las ultimas fotos, estan lindas mis babys y los papis también. Es una bendicion que David esté en el obispado, sigan apoyándolo. Amy pls no dejes de escribir en español de vez en cuando, asi no te olvidas de nuestro lindo idioma. Cariños a la bebes diles que las quiero mucho.

Besos,
Tía Anita